The sun's been shining. That helps, for sure. But I feel like I'm starting to settle...one way or another, I'm going to be ok. I did a huge ride this morning. Huge by my standards, that is, but totally floored me for the rest of the day, lounging in my garden in a semi conscious state. Yesterday was a bit more productive. My first parkrun as run director went without a hitch. No protests or organised walking blockades...just runners and everyone else enjoying the park on what has been quite a spectacular and hot weekend.
My own running is progressing, shall we say. No longer am I chomping at the bit, but now dreading my next session because of the pain and discomfort that is becoming associated with it. I've been going to the run club track at the crack of dawn. It's empty, quiet and cool, and I get to do what are in fact simply 'drills' as opposed to actual running around. This has been mixed with regular gym sessions trying to strengthen my weedy calves. It seems a lost cause, but it feels well managed and I'm engaged with it, which is a positive.
The heat, or something, has really taken it out of me today. I've been almost inert, neither asleep or awake, just drifting in and out of semi-consciousness, vaguely aware of the hustle and bustle of life over the fence. They say listen to your body, but I could hear nor feeling anything. I felt fine on my ride, out again into Macc Forest. It was hot. I took riding juice, though never usually touch it, but this time downed the lot before I got to the top. Then I fell asleep at coffee afterwards. I was done in. I don't remember much else, except I do seem to have caught the sun...badly.


