And I saw some great sky. In the space of a week, my 'normal' time to go out for a run...it's now dark...ish. How did that happen? Can Autumn be arriving here already? But the sky was clear and as the sun rose my aches and pains disappeared. Actually my legs felt ok. Heavy, but not tight. The underlit clouds glowed orange and purple for the briefest of moments...I was there. A great start to the day. A gentle jog round to the Mill and back, I saw the Heron, though he was pretending he didn't see me, and then I went for coffee. Done.
It was a rough day at work. I'm sure many have worse, but it was uncomfortable, unresolved. I kept thinking about my sky. It really caught my imagination. I'm not sure how to describe the colours. Orange and purple doesn't cut it. The clouds had a look of flames, hot flames like you see in films, licking across the ceiling of a burning room as it reaches its flash point. And then the matt dark yellowy colour of the recently harvested fields. Like old mustard, English mustard, dried out mustard. Strong. Hot. But it was cold, cold enough to wear a hat. Summer is ending.

