I'm a little behind with things, things in general and certainly things relating to a spot of running around. Looking back it seems one moment I'm running round by my mums, then I'm outside Atletico Madrid Stadium, then getting soaked in Macc Forest and finally running through the corn with Steve. And that only really takes me to last weekend and it's Wednesday of this week already, sitting on a plane coming back from Oslo, where I wasn't able to run around, but talked about it. No wait, it's Tuesday...not one for editing a blog, clearly.
I just want my bed really. Out round my mums place was odd.,.faint familiarity, but actually just lost. While I was there on my bike the other week, I passed a few footpath signs that pointed to inviting bushy openings. That sounds wrong, but you know what I mean. A kind of 'oooh, I wonder where that goes?' Not quite where I thought, would be an accurate answer. Then in Madrid, I was very much the tourist. There was the huge city park, full of folk on mountain bikes, dressed for the wilds, not the city they were in.
I was intending to run into the city, to see a few sights, but was lured by the inviting green of the park map. Green it was not, except for the pond. There was some good running and riding over the weekend, and another excellent little junior parkrun once again. It was a good run with Steve on Sunday. We even chatted, and I'd say ran reasonably hard. It was one of those where you talk for a bit, then there's a respected comfortable silence...when you're both doing a bit of work, trying to work out who's pushing who...
...what's a fair pace, but not wanting to break each other, just find that sweet spot...slightly the other side of the line 'comfortable'. Not sure he liked the corn field, though. "I'm fucking soaked, Rich". I guess news of the moment is that Pete is returning home. He's been sending texts. I feel a little for him, the weather is on the turn, and no matter how we polish this particular turd, Wilmslow is not San Fransisco. But worse for him, even his written word is now full of Americanisms...and we're already ripping in to him. He'll get over it.



