Sunday, 26 July 2015

Sore Bums

'My bum hurts...' says Joe. The little guy's been on his bike for 10 miles, while James and I chatter about nothing in particular during this mornings run. He's 6. it's no wonder he had a few aches and pains...until we arrived at the cafe for breakfast, then all our troubles melted away. Joe stole the show, telling us his jokes, the best of which "how do you make a snooker table laugh...stick your hands in his pocket and tickle his balls". How we laughed...including the tables around us.

 

It seems Spider-Man is alive and well, and living in Handforth. We saw him out, presumably walking for his Sunday paper and groceries. There was also some kind of Tai Chi class going on, in the gardens of a local hotel. It all looked very calm. I was a little later than I'd usually run, so there was evidence of life starting to poke it's nose out in to the morning. In fact, I almost missed my appointment with James and Joe. A late message last night, I read 9, it said 8. I woke with 10 mins to spare, so was less than ready, mentally or physically.

 

Out on the run, as my body started to come round, some of my own aches slowly revealed themselves, remembering my couple of falls from yesterday. I say falls, nothing dramatic, mainly embarrassing. A good ride out with Mike, somewhere in North Wales, Cilcian to be precise and a 25 mile ride on local trails and woodland. It was more of a day out, than a ride as such. Yes, we had some hours in the saddle, but also some time in the cafe afterwards. We've all got sore bums after this weekend.