It's difficult to make progress. Either a risk to take, or obstacles to overcome. I guess life's a little bit like that at times. What to do! Another work trip, to the leafy plains of South Cheshire and some early morning running to clear the cobwebs. There's a familiarity to the routine that is to check the OS map and search for local footpaths, these being formalised routes of free passage. Rights of way! And sure enough, outside there are signs and symbols indicating the same. Except here it's not the same.
Back home, maybe our paths are more well trodden. A little tenuous at times, but a sign is a reasonable guarantee of furthering the journey. A beacon of hope. But here the sign points to the hedge where a gap once was, but today the hedge has healed over. Once I'm through, shirt ripped, an electric fence greets me. Awake now! Further on another sign and clear access, but a decision to make. A thoughtful addendum placed alongside the official symbol. I stand there literally for a few minutes...weighing up the odds. I run!

