Sunday, 26 October 2014

Hungry

Well, it's not often I return home from a Sunday long run without a photo or two, but this morning I did. Uninspiring, is a word I could use. I didn't even particularily capitalise on the extra hour. It was 'just a run'. So it fell to Saturday in providing visual and hunger related treats. A lethargic sunrise, but when it did show its face, the sun was bright, but brief. Then it rained. Red sky in the morning, 'n' all that! It was the 'airport run' I chose. A bit of parkland, a spot of quiet back lanes and then through the woods.

 

It was pretty down there, a lush carpet of slimy leaves all burnt and golden brown. The Bollin was bubbling away quietly, but drowned by the intermittent background noise of departing jets. The 3 bitches were dispensed with a fair amount of huffing and puffing. I'm sure I've run them better in the past. But I did manage a borderline al fresco breakfast. Chilly is a word, but bacon is another. Bacon wins. A random dog was snapping away at my heels, catching wind fallen treats like a hungry crocodile.