Sunday, 7 September 2014

Through Misty Eyes

If I didn't spend so much time dicking around with the camera on my Sunday, or indeed any run, I might get a bit more quality or whatever it is I'm meant to be doing in my training, if training is the right word. It's a while since I've actually run with anyone. I know me stopping to take a quick photo would irritate Pete. I could see it in his face and that way he'd slow down, turn round and almost look at me, but instead just gaze at the ground with one hand on his hip. James seems to tolerate it, just, also slowing a little, but holds his head high.

 

Chris would stop, turn round and walk back asking if I'm ok. All I really want is for them to carry on and I'd catch up so I could capture whatever it is that catches my eye. A lot of catching and capturing in that sentence... Anyway, it's not been an issue recently, so it seems I've been doing a lot of stopping, judging by the number of photos I've been taking. Clearly, there's a lot that catches my eye. I stop, fumble for my phone, swipe and click. Actually, there's a bit of an eye wiping and lens cleaning ritual...but that another story!

 

This morning was stunning. If I knew what I was doing, my photo would be in the BBC Countryfile 2015 calendar. But I don't. There was something about the low hanging mist and the way the sun was illuminating it that made it brighter than bright. Many times this morning I stopped and tried to photograph what it was I could see. And what I could see were lightly trodden grass paths, glistening wet with morning dew, that were faintly illuminated by an effervescent backlit misty sky Just amazing...as you can see, obviously!