On the plus side, being overtaken by so many runners whose running ability is on another level to yours, was kind of interesting. It was, if you like, a sort of unique point of view. In a normal race, these boys, and indeed girls, would be way ahead from the gun and you'd never see them again until you're all in the bar. But here, at the Relays, I forgot to mention, you get to see them first hand, and a chance to study/admire their form as they rip past. Or just tut! OK, so when the first few went by, it was kind of humiliating.
Then another...and another until it became almost hypnotic. It was their leg speed, cadence, that was hard to comprehend. How can they make their legs go so fast...ignoring the fact that most of them were in their 20's. Anyway, Rob in his write up for the club website, described my leg as 'solid'. I think that's about the best this particular turd could be polished, but I appreciate his sentiment. There is already talk of the next 'dream team' outing, and curiously how we should recruit more. I'd be happier in a bone-fide B team.
Sunday morning was another corker. Low thick mist and a sunrise that could barely penetrate, leaving an eerie orange hue that rapidly filled my phones memory. Significantly, this was my first post summer run wearing gloves. As far as an Autumn Equinox goes, there was little to complain about, and actually no one to complain to. 15 good miles and a large cappuccino, the latter taken while watching Wilsmlow Tri unfold. This week, a spot of travel. I'm taking my shoes...and my parkrun barcode. Who knows!


