Friday, 6 December 2013

Crash Bang Wallop

So, I'm a bit hairy at the moment, more so than this earlier photo. A beard, once again inviting opinion. No one has ever said to a clean shaven me 'mate, you should get a beard for that face', in much the same way I've never suggested to anyone they'd look better with a paper bag on their head. Not to their face! But there are issues. Arriving home after a run, I'm not so much welcomed with a 'you have a lovely beard, please come in', but more 'you're covered in snot, you're not coming in'.

A smooth well moisturised chin, and the nasal discharge glides off. Not so with Velcro-like hydroponic whiskers. Absorbent gloves are the answer, though technique is required to ensure removal, rather than redistribution. Anyway, I had my revisit to Wayne. Regrettably my good progress was undone but moments before my appointment by doing a 60s wall sit in my circuit class and could barely walk thereafter. However, it turned out to be temporary, but symptomatic of whatever's occurring in my knee.

Seemingly I have weak butt cheeks and now spend each tooth brushing session slightly squat, yet clenched. All seemed good until the other morning sneaking out of the house, I fell down the stairs. Not a whoopsadaisy slip, but a crash bang wallop from half way. Shaken and stirred, and seriously pissed off. There were three issues, first - embarrassment, second - blame followed by third - damage. Significant. Now my bad knee is my good knee. FFS! Cross Country tomorrow.