Thursday, 13 June 2013

Doing My Own Thing

The sun shone for Dunham this evening. Just an hour before I was looking out of the window at rain and wind, thinking that in actual fact I'd really rather not run tonight at all and had my excuses ready. The 'others' had gone to the Roaches, up on the Staffordshire Moorlands, hardy souls. No hills for me tonight, just the need to liberate and underline my current performance. A flat 5k would be a good indicator. Sat in traffic on the way, I had no real feel for what was in my legs or in my head...and which was stronger. 

I concluded that really, I'd be happy with straight 6min miles and an 18.30 and treat it like  a ParkRun...just me and the clock. I knew a few Wilmslow runners would be there, but I wasn't for fighting tonight, nothing to prove. So, that's pretty much how it turned out. I can't say it was easy, but I certainly took it steady, measured if you like, and crossed the line in 18.29. A new 5k PB. I'm not so bothered about the PB, more pleased that my form wasn't lost in the hills of Bosley Fete. I left content...happy almost!