Kinder Downfall was but a trickle yesterday morning. Last I heard of it, it was blowing backwards in the classic fell race a few months back, and the last time I saw it, it was frozen solid...a motionless waterfall and tempting (foolish) shortcuts across the frozen stream. Rather than my usual Sunday run out beyond the Edge, I went on a club run organised by coach Tony, meaning it would be a mixed ability run, broken up in to sections. This would amount to up, down, up, then up some more, along and finally down.
What's not to like, overlooking the focal point of this outing, the mobile tea van. He never showed. Rude. A mediocre ParkRun on Saturday and the feeling of an oncoming cold yesterday concludes a mixed week of running around and 33 miles. Time to start afresh. This week we have a race called The Buxton Hilly. The name troubles me as Buxton certainly isn't flat. I'm left wondering if this addition of the word 'Hilly' is for those who aren't sure, unlikely, or if in fact the race is extra hilly, even for Buxton. Whatever, there is a challenge ahead.
