The fragility of good health is so easy to ignore, take for granted or even abuse. Until, that is, it's taken away and someone is robbed of their everyday activities and the things they enjoy doing. To see this happen to others is sad, and makes one quite introspective about their own circumstances. I don't know whether good health is something hard earned or simply a matter of good luck. As time passes, I'm rather inclined to think the latter. But if you have good luck, then run with it! This week, life has got in the way of running.
Though I have still run, it has been with thoughts of a different nature. I'm generally appreciative of being able to enjoy what I do, but this week more so. A particularity wonderful speed session on Tuesday where we met for reps 'in the third field on the left' and ran our hearts out, chasing long shadows in the grass as the sun went down. And also a great race on Thursday, the Round the Runway at Mobberley, a top route that goes along the end of R2, under the tunnel and back along the other side. Lambs on one side, aircraft on the runway the other. Surreal.
It really is quite a special event. I even managed to knock over 3 minutes of my pb here. Then finally this morning, it was the smells that dominated as the sun warmed the damp ground releasing pungent fragrances of the surrounding farmland. I got back just in time for a quick detour to the station to see 'James-One Sleep To London' get on the train, ready for his adventure to start. We're going down to watch tomorrow, a logistical exercise in its own right. I wish him well. He needs no luck. His outcome will be hard earned.
