Arne Dahl is proving to be quite watchable as the Saturday night BBC4 Subtitled Cop Drama of the moment, though it does have a touch of the Midsomer's about it, mainly the body count and faintly comedic aura about it. Still, such is the level of concentration required to engage with anything subtitled, it had to be watched this afternoon as last night it was dinner with 'James-1 week to London'. Where to begin! He'd spent the day googling "why do I feel so shit during my taper for London?"
And was essentially rewarded with the kind of results any hypochondriac is secretly hoping for when googling the ailment of the moment. "Because you are shit" was the tone of his researched conclusions, our protestations that perhaps his legs ached because he's training for a marathon and been doing 50 odd miles a week seemed to fall on deaf ears. If not his legs, then his head ached this morning. Staying off the alcohol has not been his finest outcome, but in all other areas, I take my hat off to him.
It's been a long stint and his journey, to coin a phrase, has been heroic.My preparation for the Lymm 10K today started yesterday and wasn't so much about staying off the booze and carbo loading, but had more to do with 'bacon-loading'. Breakfast at Jodrell Bank Cafe is a treat. Never mind provenance and all that stuff, the portions are huge, just the job for a hilly 2 lapper. Though not as hilly as perhaps Pete experienced today. A welcome and overdue visit yesterday revealed that he was doing Kinder Downfall today.
It was blustery and I bet he got blown about a bit. We all struggled with the wind. I chose to chase after former Chairman Nick who in warmer weather chooses to wear those curious high cut flappy running shorts that proper runners wear, they look like shorts, short shorts for sure, but seemingly without any seams whatsoever so spent one section of the run trying to avoid flashes of pasty white arse cheek every time the wind picked up, which was most of the time. Nick...underwear, please!
A sort of a good result for me. 8th Wilmslow runner in, 25th overall out of a field of 515. I was on the back of group that I've never really joined before, but couldn't do anything about making a place or two for points. I was a few seconds off a clutch of three points, but behind me, no one for over a minute, so my efforts were in vain...kind of. Going to get my mileage back up this week. A modest 29 miles last week, including Lymm. Mileage smileage... I'm boring myself even mentioning it...but I think it's working for me, as is the bacon!
It's been a long stint and his journey, to coin a phrase, has been heroic.My preparation for the Lymm 10K today started yesterday and wasn't so much about staying off the booze and carbo loading, but had more to do with 'bacon-loading'. Breakfast at Jodrell Bank Cafe is a treat. Never mind provenance and all that stuff, the portions are huge, just the job for a hilly 2 lapper. Though not as hilly as perhaps Pete experienced today. A welcome and overdue visit yesterday revealed that he was doing Kinder Downfall today.
It was blustery and I bet he got blown about a bit. We all struggled with the wind. I chose to chase after former Chairman Nick who in warmer weather chooses to wear those curious high cut flappy running shorts that proper runners wear, they look like shorts, short shorts for sure, but seemingly without any seams whatsoever so spent one section of the run trying to avoid flashes of pasty white arse cheek every time the wind picked up, which was most of the time. Nick...underwear, please!
A sort of a good result for me. 8th Wilmslow runner in, 25th overall out of a field of 515. I was on the back of group that I've never really joined before, but couldn't do anything about making a place or two for points. I was a few seconds off a clutch of three points, but behind me, no one for over a minute, so my efforts were in vain...kind of. Going to get my mileage back up this week. A modest 29 miles last week, including Lymm. Mileage smileage... I'm boring myself even mentioning it...but I think it's working for me, as is the bacon!