Sunday, 28 April 2013

Does it Really Matter?

There's something a little amusing about the overlay of my ParkRun result text message yesterday, ParkRun being my least favourite running around experience, and the image of Shutlingsloe, my favourite place to run and the wallpaper background on my phone. If I look back to my so called preparations to yesterdays ParkRun, I'd have to say it wasn't ideal. Yet I ran my bloody socks off to such an extent that the wheels almost came off in the last k. I knew I was in trouble when I had to do that thing I do, normally towards the end of a long climb when the tank is empty and I'm running on fumes...I run with my hands on my hips in some attempt recover lost energy. It's not a great look. Still, when I crossed the line, as usual I have feint disinterest in my time, essentially due to a physical inability to check  my watch, and besides, I have also to extract my ParkRun barcode secreted deep within my person, which is a challenge! But when I did look at my watch, it read 19.12. Now that would be an equal all time 5k PB for me. So when my ParkRun message came with my official time, I was a little excited. And there it is...19.11. I'm embarrassed to say, I jumped from my chair and punched the air. Most unlike me! Clearly it matters.