Sunday, 16 September 2012

What Are You Looking At?

It's been a very busy week, only space in my head for 'the now and the next'. No time for reflection or thought on matters afar. Except that's not true. I was always a daydreamer at school, and to this day I stand and stare out of a window, any window, with ease...thinking, wondering, dreaming. 'What are you looking at', they ask? I like a view, something to cast my thoughts over. And when everything is mad busy, the window will still call and I will answer and take a look. 'Daydreamer', they said...like it's a bad thing! 

I took James exploring this weekend. A need for a fresh run to stimulate the senses. If he said it once, he said it a dozen times! "Oooh, Rich, are you sure?" No, not really, but let's take a look, as we ploughed in to someone else's garden in the faint hope of finding the path. At one point we ended up in some remote woods and found a tunnel under the bypass, completely lost. It's a road I travel on almost everyday, yet without any knowledge of what lies just the otherside of the bushes. Sometimes you look, but never see!