London has been pretty nuts these past couple of weeks. We were staying up near the Olympic Park and I was desperate for some peace and escape. All around were road closures, diversions, traffic and pedestrian mayhem, unless you found a City Park. Thing is, the Parks aren't that big. One lap hardly constitutes a good run out. So I found a new hobby...Park Bagging. Making a route that took in as many Parks as possible was about as creative as I had the energy for. The further away from the Olympic Park, the more options I had.
Canal paths were a particularly attractive option, providing alternative views and relative peace. But there were runners everywhere. Never alone, but none would ever let on, like you get on the trail...a nod, or a look, a smile that says 'hi'. Most ran in music induced isolation. It reminded me of a Gents public toilet...you knew they were there, but not the time to start a chat! Perhaps it's a London thing, or the nature of running in what was essentially an outdoor gym. I managed 18 in all, during my two weeks. A good start to a busy day.
