Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Pleased With Your Performance?

You may or may not have followed any of the Paralympics, but you knew it was on, right! This is my world, well...my world by day. This is what we do...enable athletes to perform. I didn't get time to blog. It went mental. Awesome sport beyond all our dreams. And dreams realised and shattered. Years of hard work...now concluded. 

I'm pleased with how it turned out for the guys and girls we supported, to witness their pleasure and pain. There were some awesome performances on the track and off! 

This is the Gold Medal of Rich Whitehead for his 200m T44 Final. He brought it round one night after his race. I looked at it, gazed at it, stared into it...and asked him if he was proud. It might seem a ridiculous question, but his answer was straight..."not about the medal mate, it's about the performance...I was happy with that."