Sunday, 22 January 2012

"Elizabeth, Indiana, there's no better place to be right now...

...just you and your bike, empty roads and beautiful countryside". Zuuuurp. "Wanna cup of tea?" Huh, what? Ah yes, not actually cycling in Indiana, but still in my front room grinding my nuts on the spin bike. Tea! Did I want a cup of tea? What a ridiculous question. Did I want a cup of tea. Of course not, I'm an athlete in training, why would I want a cup of tea. I've been sweating my cobs off for the past 50 minutes, tea is the last thing I need. My 'Rides' friends in Indiana aren't wanting for tea. 

Oh no, they're being 'awesome' and doing a 'good job', not drinking tea. "Yes please", I reply. Simon Rimmer, he was drinking tea, slightly to the right of my line of sight on 'Something for the Weekend'. Reminding me I must make his mushroom and cheese pate today. Which I did. Very mushroomy...and cheesy. But life in the saddle continues. Tomorrow, I'm seeing a Consultant about my ankle. Today is four weeks and a day since I've run. On Friday, I walked into the village, the furthest I've ventured since Christmas Eve under my own steam.

Oddly, since then, my ankle has been pain free. I wanted to show this guy my ankle and tell him it hurts like this, and for him to tell me why it hurts like that, how he intends to fix it and exactly what I must do to stop it reoccurring. Instead, I now have only a thin yarn to tell him. We will wonder what it was, wonder how it happened, wonder why it's not hurting any more and wonder what would have been the best way of fixing it. I shall report. I was on the News today. More carbon fibre prosthetic stuff. Running Around, in fact. I missed it! Well, I didn't actually know I was on. I was in Elizabeth Indiana, not quite being awesome.