Smoke, fog, smog, whatever it is, it's an integral part of November 6th, weather permitting. Smokey residue from the night before makes for a morning quite unlike any other. With blue skies forecast, a treat of a morning awaited, and so it proved. The back way up to The Edge, along the Bollin, through the fields, up to the viewing point and down the other side. The light was spectacular, yet proved as tricky to navigate at times as my recent night runs.
This route required traversing through a few fields, but due to the thick fog, I lost count of which field I was in, following what I thought was the path, but turns out to be the sheep runs, hitting the hedge row in front of me, and not a stile in sight. You could see the sun, through the fog, and even make out the blue sky above. You knew that another 30 or so feet higher and you'd be above it, but while I was running along the river bank, this is how it would be. It was great.
A short squirt down the road left me listening eagerly for fog hidden cars. Opting to run in the middle, what I didn't account for were stealthy cyclists. They caught me out coming in both directions. In the pony field, the sun had broken through, and as always they seemed eager to come and see what I'd got! Nothing. Unimpressed they jostled me on my way. Climbing up to The Edge and out of the fog, the sun made itself known, hanging low in the brilliant blue sky.
Not many dog walkers up there this morning, though I was keeping an eye out for the culprit from last week. 'John the Vet' tells me that dogs which bite and draw blood, then you've a right to notify the Police as they're regarded as dangerous animals! Annoying, perhaps. A quick run around the the top and then back home. A good 10 mile run and worth every effort I made to haul myself out of bed this morning. No running of any note or merit planned at all at the moment, though I think I've entered the Conwy Half. Must check.