Contrary to the photo you see here, Pete and Jason have all their mental faculties and no more 'special needs' than the next man. Make of that what you will. I was lucky enough to be invited out to Lyme Park on Sunday for a gritty run in the hills of Park Moor, through the rutting deer and up to Bowstones. A grey day, but you could see for miles. I've not been up here before, but now I know that when I'm stood over on the Edge at Alderley looking over there, then this was over there looking back on the Edge.
Despite the murk, there was a little pocket of sunshine in the far distance lighting the skyline of Manchester. I tell you...almost looked good. You could see moors beyond to Horwich, Kinder behind, and The Edge to the left. I'll be coming back here for sure. Not long after we bumped into Lou and her fella. I say bumped, for about 15 minutes we were aware that we were being followed, worse still, being caught. Looking nonchalant as we stopped to regroup, turns out we had no fear to run as the familiar face appeared out of the gloom. It's funny who you bump into when you're out in the wild.
I don't know whether this model of INOV8 is a popular choice or if it's the only fell shoe Tony sells in Running Bear, but I couldn't help but notice we all had the same shoes on. To bring colour to the party, Pete opted for a pink sock to accessorise. It wasn't for discussion, despite a few attempts. I have absolutely no issue with getting my feet wet or muddy, but like on any run over any terrain, I do pay some respect to where I put my feet. Running behind Jason reminds me of Chris...puddles, mud whatever without any concern for what lies beneath, so long as it makes a splash. It's very funny and wonderfully childish. A refreshing foot cool down and wash in the stream by the carpark brought to an end an excellent 9 miler and a fair bit of climb.
And then there's Gloria. Mrs Jason seemed to be under the impression that Gloria would be joining us. None of us know a Gloria, but such was the insistance that Jason was almost prepared to admit guilt that he was seeing someone on the sly as his denial was falling on deaf ears. Turns out she meant Georgie, Pete's dog. But the normally robust and energetic Georgie was behaving a bit like a Gloria today, demanding to be lifted and cuddled over every stile and gate. But seriously, who could resist those eyes?

It was a bit of squeeze in Jasons van, three steamy blokes and two damp dogs, though Wilf was in the back. I think I'm in the market for a van. Jasons smells of petrol and tools...must be his mowers in the back, but I kind of like that. Vans are useful. I want one.
Good Rhubarb cake and coffee after.
It was a bit of squeeze in Jasons van, three steamy blokes and two damp dogs, though Wilf was in the back. I think I'm in the market for a van. Jasons smells of petrol and tools...must be his mowers in the back, but I kind of like that. Vans are useful. I want one.
Good Rhubarb cake and coffee after.
