Monday, 3 October 2011

A Blustery Day

Sitting at home looking outside, wondering whether to sneak a short run in or not before Pilates. That'd be a short run on my ankle with the recently diagnosed lateral shin splints, the same ankle I've been advised to rest for ten days, the one I now have to tape up every time I run. The taping has been interesting. I', not completely sure if I do it correctly, though was shown, but the concept of taping seems fine. I appreciate the questionable biomechanics of this, and the proprioceptive benefits and it all makes for a good discussion in my head. However, I didn't realise I have such hairy feet, or used to. Now I have just one hairy foot and a memory that make me wince every time I recall that moment in the bath!

Thing is, it's still warm, though the sun has gone. Very warm, the kind of warm when you step outside it makes you draw breath and raise your head high. I put the washing out earlier, a great drying day, but have just been running around the garden - the consequence of ineffectual pegging. It's difficult to do that in a masculine way. The wind is here, bringing with it the much promised drop in temperature. So again, I feel the need to be out and to steal this moment, this last moment of feeling the heat envelop you, wash over you. There's no substitute for this. The sky's just turned black and the wind has whipped up. Leaves blowing in all directions. Got to be out there..surely. I'm off. It's going to be a turbulent evening!