Sunday, 25 January 2015

Must Try Harder

I felt it was important to ask. James was looking very orange this morning. More than a hint of colour coordination, but he swears it was a random selection. He appears to have retro fitted orange laces too, but tried almost convincingly to have us believe these are original equipment. Steve, he who doesn't speak, just gave me a look. Now we know! This morning was a run out to get James car, from some pub car park down the A34 on the way to Congleton. Run out and drive back. There was talk of breakfast in the invite.

He was unusually quiet, farting mostly, and what with that and Steve, it wasn't what I'd describe as a chatty run. I'm the first to admit, I'm not a great chatter, but I do listen and engage. Except for football. There's not much out there on this route in terms of civilisation. You certainly get the feeling that the pavements are not well trodden. Just a hint of Tarmac, if you look closely, but topped with exceptionally healthy moss. I kind of liked it. Steve still prefers the road though, despite subtle hints like "for fucks sake, Steve".

I watched some great sport yesterday. Cycling. Inspirational really. I was thinking about it while we were out running. The presence of company but the lack of chat meant that we were running at quite a clip with little chance for stops and photos. It was focusing, shall we say. Hard. I've not really put a worthy effort in to my running lately. I might be clocking up miles and the rest of it, but I've not really pushed myself. And that was illustrated to me yesterday. Commitment and never giving up. Impressive. So I tried hard today. Good!