Saturday, 3 January 2015

Guilty

A full systems-check in the shower this morning, revealed of job-list longer than usual. I seemed to be covered in cuts, lumps and bumps and a worryingly sore arse. That bike ride with Mike yesterday must have been tougher than I first thought. 20 odd off-road miles round by Macc Forrest and the Cat & Fiddle, we both went over the handlebars and picked up other knocks and scrapes before calling it a day and finishing off with good coffee. Mike reports this morning that he is damaged. The bike is fine, though. Good.

 

It was my first outing of the year, on the bike, and there was just a bit of me concerned that this wasn't a great start to my 2015 Running Around. I felt a bit guilty. But it was a gorgeous morning out, cold and sunny, raw and wild. This morning though, back on the road, essentially because by the time I was at the end of the road, I looked down to see what shoes I'd actually put on! Road shoes. Road it was then. So that's it, the 2015 account is now open. I'm not sure what my currency is, but so far, it's not numeric. However, it will have value.