Friday, 30 January 2015

I Couldn't Resist

I've been having a spot of trouble with my back! There...look. I've written it down. Now I can't ignore it any more. I've got history here, and occasionally it flares up. Probably a better medical description than that. But here's another. It feels like I've been shot in back with a paint ball gun...on a spot where I was shot in the back with a paint ball gun recently...I imagine. Oh, and there's my hip. I think I have some sort of bursitis or similar. It hurts. A lot. Wayne will tell me...again, when I see him on Monday next week.

Yes, I've had to do something about it. Pay money! Serious. Now we know. And while I'm at it, I'll briefly mention my shin. I proper walloped it on Wednesday, skinned and bruised...and it's making my knee ache. So I'm a bit grumpy...yes, more so than usual. I can't run. Or shouldn't. Obviously I did this morning. I mean who couldn't resist waking at 5.30am, looking outside and seeing fresh snow and a curiously illuminated grey sky. I also saw that my outdoor seating area had come down with the heavy snowfall, but managed to park that issue.

I ran down to The Mill, making fresh tracks in new snow. In places the snow crunched, that dry almost squeaky sound it can make. In others, it was clearly wet, a veneer of white hiding a slurry of slush underneath. No matter, my new Sealskinz did their job. With light from my amazing head torch of many lumens bouncing up off the snow, it was like day in places. Quite a unique experience, I thought. The Mill looked splendid, the paths and trails fresh and untouched. I couldn't not go out in this...but my word, I'm paying for it now!