Thursday, 20 November 2014

On the Road

I got tutted at this morning as I took a photo of my breakfast. I neither know or care why this is considered a social faux pas. Why can't people be kind, or just keep their face out of my life. Anyway, I was able to add fuel to his fire as my phone is now at the stage where I seem to need to delete 30 photos before I can take another one. So it became a bit of a photo-shoot, retakes, strategic composition, scene setting and so on. He got the message. Eggs Benedict...Breakfast of Champions.

I've been mostly sat in my car this week, and consequently I've seen some great sunrises and sunsets, from the car, but yearning to be out there. All this driving has both shaped my running schedule and also my back...the latter feeling surprisingly in good shape as a result. Tonight, for example, after 10 hrs in the driving seat, I felt positively sprightly. It was cold, foggy and very still. Running back into the village you could smell, taste almost, the traffic fumes. But out in the fields and paths, it was fresh and sharp.

My head penetrated a low hanging mist, whereas from my shoulders down, it was clear. My head-torch gave a scene like some night club laser show. I failed to capture that also and was even tutting at myself for my photographic ineptitude. My breakfast this morning was a treat, while I waited. Regrettably, it wasn't a post run, well deserved kind of reward. It was simply a pleasure. To eat and to admire. Worthy of sharing and saving, I thought. Sometimes these things attract a comment, sometimes not. But I enjoyed it.