Strategic framing of the sky this morning yielding a deep unbroken blue, inviting and warm. It wasn't warm, but I was lured out in a light T shirt and sunglasses nonetheless. The dream ended quite soon. Cloud, then rain. Light at first, fine rain...you know the next line. But it turned to wind and big rain. Soaked through, then some. I'm not really writing about getting wet. I'm good with that. I guess I just felt a bit like I'd got pissed on, in a way that you don't want to be on the wrong end of the saying 'better to be pissed off than pissed on'!
It's fine, but from the photos, you can see my point. My route was an anxious trek tiptoeing my way over myriad slugs and worms who seem to have migrated to the footpaths. It's not so much trying to avoid a sluggy death or two, it's that squiggly skiddy feeling under my shoes, and the hidden thought you be generating some kind of bad karma. I don't need that, thanks. Anyway, a good 13 and a mighty fine coffee to end off. Then home to watch the marathon. Inspirational stuff. I'll be a bit more positive next time.

