Thursday, 6 March 2014

The 2013 Mug

Normal order has resumed, to some degree, back at training. If there was a race that consisted of Tuesdays 12 x 650m reps with 75s recoveries, then I'd be the man in group 2...or there abouts! But there isn't. And in fact, as I loitered to listen to the times of group 3 as they came in, there wasn't much in it. It's all very competitive. But as Tony reminded us that evening during the 2013 Summer Series mug presentation, the ethos of our club is to race. And I've always had a spot of trouble in converting training form in to race results. Damian, our fastest boy and club hottie, there's a photo of him hanging in the girls changing room - apparently, says I need to race more fast 5k's. I forget why, but it seemed reasonable as he joined me for the warm down after Tuesdays training, enquiring if I'd recovered from my drubbing. It would seem not! Seeing my name in print on the mug, there's a bit of pressure to step up. Everyone else has.