Sunday, 30 March 2014

A Place of Worship

On Sunday mornings, I don't go to Church...

...but have a thought for those I pass
I don't do the golf...

...but get a wave (or finger) from those who do
or have a horse to ride...

...but happy to share the path







and I don't do the cricket...

...but avoid the stripy bit







and certainly not rugby...

...in fact, nothing with a ball







nor have I an allotment to tend...

...but remember my Dad who did







or children to entertain...

...sad but true







and not a dog to chase...

...allergic anyway







or a bike to ride...

...but think maybe I could







or a flashy motor to cruise...

...but might go home and wash mine







the need to dodge a DIY project...

...but conjure a few ideas







or fish the lake...

...but see the Heron fly







A Sunday morning run...for pleasure! No agenda, just a run and a chance to welcome British Summer Time. A still morning, fresh, almost warm as the sun rose. No road running today. Just the trail.


As Maxi Jazz once said...

...This is my Church!