Sunday, 9 February 2014

Sometimes

"The best bit about today was the running..." said one of our team after Wythenshawe XC yesterday. I've been thinking about that statement. and the intended irony. Essentially, it underlines that not many seem to enjoy their running. And in the context of yesterday, the day was so shockingly and miserably cold, wet, windy and muddy, that the only respite was the actual running itself. Imagine. Not me, I managed to be a B-team counter yesterday, mainly due to the absence of others. It's a fact, but at least I was there. 

As Tony says...if you're there, you've a chance. If not...! But more importantly, our men's Vets A-team took the Season Championship Golds. I did my own thing this morning. After yesterday what I really needed was something solid under my feet and a shortish steady recovery run on my own. Instead, I took to the fields. 10 miles of more mud. Sometimes you need to be on your own, your own agenda. But you're never alone really. Not with a head full of thoughts and clarity of mind to think them through.