Friday, 21 February 2014

Learning


Whatever knocked me off my routine last week, continued somewhat into this. A tough speed session on Tuesday, my nemesis in the form of the 2 mile circuit, that bastard 2nd rep got the better of me once again. It induces a fatigue like no other, unique to this drill and nothing else in training or races of any denomination replicates the feeling. It's like I'm breathing through a wet sock and lead is being injected into my veins. Clearly I've still can't pace myself over this trifling distance. I wonder if I'll I ever learn?

At my mums mid week and a chance for her to fatten me up, some kind of maternal instinct. Resistance seemed futile...so I didn't! My mum lives in a house we moved to when I was 4. So I know the area well. A rare opportunity to take a run, something I've not done for years here. Like at home, you miss so much just driving. The details, footpaths, shortcuts, places we didn't get to as kids on bikes! Like making a new friend, but as if you've known them forever. Always something to new to learn.