Hollins Green 5k and finally I get back under 20 mins, 19.30 something. Some way off my pb, but heading in the right direction. Pleased with that. I read Tonky Talk this morning in RW, describing his London Marathon this year. He discusses the emotions with letting go of chasing the race you want, and go with the race you're having. To some degree, I acknowledge this, but not sure it works for a 5k. You need to have some belief and only a short time to realise it. However, I started steady again, nearer the front this time, and watched a few 'marks' streak past, but I held my pace. Surely and relatively quickly, they came back. The stats show rolling negative splits for each k. Almost strategic. I don't believe I'm back on form. I can't be really, the end of a chest infection and no real training for a few weeks, but I'm certainly back in the groove and clearly with more to come. It was a good little course, informal but well organised...no cakes, though!
