Again, it's been a while...and again once more, not much to report on the running around front. I'm beginning to sound like I talk a good run, but am becoming increasingly aware I've not really done anything adventurous or challenging for a while. I could defend my position and proffer my middle toe that I mildly splintered during an unfortunate episode with the bathroom door that resulted in a three week layoff with a yellow puss ridden wound that refused to heal and that required my sock to soaked off each night...
... and comfort found only in those free hotel slippers with a neatly fashioned aperture. Or I could detail the circumstances and findings that led me to eventual defeat and concede I had to go again to the Dr's, drop my trousers and for her to respond with "oh my, you poor love". But I won't! The upshot has been a degree of significant discomfort and somewhat restricted mobility. And frustration. Oh, and embarrassment. So running, you see, hasn't really been something I've been able to engage with.
Sure, I've stepped out now and then, seen a few things, but I've also stepped on the scales and seen the numbers. They're a little higher than usual, as was my parkrun time of 24mins at Congleton last weekend. I was taking it steady, obviously! Worse though...I've been neglecting my blog...and this simply isn't good enough. I need to step up. And now that special cream has worked its magic, and the green has gone, I'm ready to step out once more. A steady run with Chris is on offer. Everyone else away!