Monday, 7 December 2015

Stormy Weekend

I caught myself watching a bit of the Movies-4-Men channel today, and rapidly concluded it was really Movies-that-are-a-bit-shit, so gave last nights 'The Bridge' another shot. It's hard to concentrate on a Scandie drama with a good takeaway, a glass of red and Desmond banging on the window all night. Speaking of whom, had it not been for 'Storm with a name - No 4', I'd have been in The Lakes with Pete and Jo, riding and running around. Alas, all passages were blocked. When they said don't travel unless you need to, it seems they meant me!

 

So it's been a weekend of local trails and a couple of fresh routes I've not run before, or at least that combination of paths. There such a choice of running routes, with options along the way to make a new run almost every outing. Yet sometimes, I do get stuck in a rut and stick to a couple of favourites. I don't think there's anything wrong with that either, to some extent. With the ever changing weather, the same scene is never the same...should you choose to see it. For what has been a miserable period, there's still stuff to smile about.