Thursday, 12 November 2015

Chins Up and Move On

There has been a fair amount of running around in recent days, but most of it uncharted, so to speak. It's been essentially therapeutic, a distraction. When you're routine has been so comprehensively disrupted, life doesn't always fit back together on the other side as once it was. It's time to move on. I've invested heavily in the future and bought myself a new pair of Sealskinz socks. If I could have worn them home from the shop, I would have. I've basically lived in them ever since.

I'm not sure what version I've got, but these have a kind of literal seal around the top that helps minimise the chance of a breach. I stood in the river, like you do, to prove the efficacy of this...and because it was kind of fun, and silly. I've also retreated a couple of my waterproof tops. Some special spray, I followed the instructions diligently and am now awaiting rain. Except it's mostly been foggy, and unseasonably warm. Not the kind of weather for protecting yourself from the elements.

More like suitable for wearing a thin t-shirt and immersing yourself in them. The wetter the better, I'd say. The fog made for a curious running around experience. It was a little like daytime darkness. In tact if you invert the image to make it like a negative of itself, it looks exactly like night. And really, so what? Well, there's that moment when the sun is just about ready to break through the mist, and if this is first thing in the morning, the sky becomes almost fluorescent, briefly. Better than running looking at the ground. Time to get those chins up.