I've been in France for a few days. Lyon, in fact. It was for one of those 'work conferences' and these things are what you make them. The work was good, and the city great. We explored in the evenings, and I additionally explored in the mornings, while they slept. It is said of Lyon as being a city of gastronomic greatness. Our first evening had us happy to be alive having rented those Boris Bike things and mixing it with local city centre French traffic. Frightening!
We stopped unknowingly at a Scottish bar and consumed enormous burgers to sooth our frazzled nerves. Comfort food. The second night had me retching over the porcelain after eating something dodgy at lunch, and the final day I hightailed it to Marseilles for essential pizza. Not my greatest fine dining experience, but I'm not complaining...just saying. I did manage a couple of runs and was pleased to get my shoes out and used. The first was along the river to the old town and up to Le Basilique de Notre Dame.
I must admit, I didn't really pay much attention to that, mainly the view of the wakening city below. It was a long drag up the hill, but worth it. The following morning it was a 'man-arrangement' to meet up with Toby and Jamie, meaning the scantest of details which quite by chance found me running towards them at neither the appointed time or location. Love a Man-Plan! We ran round the park Tête d'Or...with many many other people, 2 laps in fact, identical. Still, I like a good park and to see it used and enjoyed.
At this time of the morning, it was like an outdoor gym including the widest scope of sports and exercises you could imagine. Running seemed to be the least you could do, curiously more...or actually less so for having done it twice, if that makes sense. And it was hot, even early in the morning...which was nice. Aside from the bugs. I again seem to attract well and react badly to mosquitoes. Home now and an unattractive cankle meant no running yesterday. I could feel it wobbling! At least something was tasty on this trip...me!



