The Milestone Society Repository, three words I've never seen together before, is a scary yet curiously interesting place. I have wondered at our roadside milestones and mighty fine historical signposts for a while, but never more than a lingering thought, perhaps only to pause a little too long to find myself vaguely interested in Pete's onetime project of photographing all the milestones he passed while out riding. I simply stopped while out on a cold and frosty run yesterday morning feeling this signpost was something interesting to share.
I felt the need to provide some supporting evidence. I'm hereby admitting I googled the particulars of this eye catching piece of fine roadside history at Alderely Cross, and much like barging through a familiar closed door only to find yourself most unexpectedly in the wrong meeting with people you've never seen before fully engaged in something you'd rather not have witnessed, I quietly retreated hoping I wasn't spotted, embarrassed but a little intrigued. CH_SJ8476. An iron four-armed fingerpost on a tapered pillar with a halo finial. I could go on...!

