Monday, 21 April 2014

Green Stuff

My running's been all over the place these last few weeks. That's not some witty geographical reference to where I've been running, but more about my structure and purpose. The thing is, I'm still not over this cold I got almost 4 weeks ago now. I think I've added another to it. Everyone seems to be carrying some kind of disease at the moment, it's hard to avoid other people, something I'm usually naturally very good at!
The bottom line is, I'm still venting 'green stuff', now from my chest, rather than my nose. Not running, never seems to be an option as an aide to recovery, but I've certainly not been on any mission either. I can't, it's not in me, but also unwise. So my miles have dropped and training scaled back. I've missed a couple of races and will no doubt miss a few more. It also potentially cocks up my Chester Half attempt next month.
And the only reason I mention this, Chester that is, as it's the only thing I've got on my radar that's about me and what I want to do. So that's a bummer! Nonetheless, I have been running, obviously. And that's been some great experiences, I can tell you. It's been fun to get out of bed while the sun is still making it's way up, watching the early morning frost burn off, or up in the hills in absolute isolation, except with those who share your thoughts.

The weather has been great this past week and Easter weekend. The land has been illuminated with the best of what is has to offer. Blink and you miss it. But there's much detail to admire in everything you choose to let your eyes fall on. I'm sure I can be a little annoying to run with on occasions, but I do like to take a photo when a moment presents itself. And these past few days, those moments have been many and varied. It's good to share!
I might have to try getting to the Dr's to get something to shift this stuff...if that's how it works. That whole process of trying to make an appointment and being made to feel like you're lucky to be getting a slot with any Dr, not necessarily yours in five days time despite the really sick and needy who have greater life threatening illnesses than you, is enough to make me not want to bother! But that's Dr's receptionists for you. I will though. Couldn't run today. Grumpy!